Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Built in Chat?

2 posters

Go down

Built in Chat? Empty Built in Chat?

Post by Tristan Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:12 pm

Hey you two - need your opinion. I've activated the built in chat these sites come with to test out once more. I can make this one pop out just like the other, and it'll automatically log any BP member in when they sign in to the forum (and thus visitors are kept out of the chatbox, whereas when we go to the nav banner, they will be able to get into the chat). The only downside is that it doesn't make noise.

I'm thinking security, but I want to know what you guys think. It's simple, and it's made to fit the forum well, but it's not EXTREMELY customizable as you can see. It will only be on the home page, plus the popout would be in the navbanner.

It also sets members to away and then disconnects them based on activity within the chatbox. I just am not sure about how the pros and cons work out.

Honestly, I've hated chatango since I've installed it, so I'm a little partial Razz Really valuing your opinions now.
Tristan
Tristan
Admin

http://mytestforum.ohmyforum.net

Back to top Go down

Built in Chat? Empty Re: Built in Chat?

Post by Robert Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:07 am

I gave it a whirl and had to enable pop ups from the site. Even then it would not pup up, even after Refresh.

But, when I Refreshed inside the PopUp Test window with message, the Chat window opened. up.

I am running IE 8.0.6001.18975

Seems OK, but would miss the boinks if I was busy typing.

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristan Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:02 pm

You had to do all of that because it is based on this site and not BP. If I incorporate it over on BP, you should be already set to accept the pop up. It's just a matter of changing the link in the script from the Chatango page to the chatbox page of BP. Smile

I think I'll incorporate it with the changes, and give it a week to see how everone does with it. Then I'll take a vote over there to revert bat to Chatango (with the warning that anyone will be able to get into the chatbox once more), or keep the simpler one for security.
Tristan
Tristan
Admin

http://mytestforum.ohmyforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum